Sunday, December 28, 2008

Withdrawals…

I did have Alabama football every weekend to keep me occupied, but since I haven’t had that (although we thankfully play next weekend, it is our last game this year); I’m really ready for some RACIN’!!

I miss NASCAR!! 1 month and 10 days until the start of the 2009 season :) Beginning with the Shootout in Daytona on Feb. 7th; followed by tons of racing activities all that week and ending – of course – with the Daytona 500 on the 15th!!

To ease my pain, I’ve posted some of my favorite shots of the Amp 500 at Talladega this year in Oct. That was big fun! I’m so thankful we have one of ~if not THE~ greatest speedway’s right here in our own back yard :-)!!:-)

And just in case you didn’t know… Dale Jr. RULES ALL!! Go 88!!



My man... Dale Earnhardt, Jr. being introduced to the crowd. Of course he is the favorite at every track :-)

JJ ~Jimmie Johnson~ is one of my favorite drivers (of course none compares to 88); he is Jr.'s teammate and not only the '08 Champ... but for the 3rd consecutive year - Way to go JJ!!


Wow, what a beautiful track! The picture even gives me chills :-)


This truck goes zooming by, and I was watching for it this time but Cookie distracted me to tell me the planes were coming and I almost missed my picture!! I wanted a full shot of the flag... it is HUGE and so pretty flying on the back this big truck!!


Speaking of planes... here are the stars of the flyover! And at Talladega, they don't just fly over one time and disappear, they come back and each do a little trick! It is very cool :-)


My name is on that beautiful car at this race! Yep, that's right... along with about 72,000 others. It was a special graphic paint job from a promotion that of course I made sure I was a part of! I was to the right and just above the red National Guard logo you see in this pix :-)

Lap 27 and look who's at the top of the Leaderboard... that's right - 88!! After having to start at the back no less due to going to a back up car because of a wreck during practice. He stayed right up there on or close to that spot the rest of the day too, until stupid CE took him, and several more, out of the race with only like 7 laps to go... GRRRR!!!


One of many pit stops during the day! Thankfully Jr. had no problems in the pit stall!!


Man, I love watching him come down that stretch off turn 4 leading the pack! I mean I freakin' LOVE IT!!!


And there is hardly anyone in their seats as he zooms past in the lead! Everyone is on their feet, waving caps or flags or t-shirts, you name it; a crowd going wild for a wonderful young man beloved by so many. 88 is THE MAN!!


And in the blink of an eye, the BIG ONE. Thanks a lot Carl :-( The field is stopped for about 45 minutes to clean it up. Jr. is out of it, and he definitely had the car to win it. So disappointing!!


But on the upside, here comes Tony Stewart, aka Smoke, down the stretch for the final lap. Something to note in this picture - all the empty seats in the stands... that wasn't the case until Jr. got put out of the race. I'm telling you - it is Jr. Nation :-)


And Smoke gets his first win of the 2008 season!! He is always my 2nd choice behind Jr., so I was happy with him winning! Not AS happy as I would have been if 88 had one, but...


And so it's back to the campsite to visit a little longer with the Florida gang! Uncle HJ (in the wheelchair) is in his 90's and doing remarkable! In the first picture is his daughter Vera and his son Clyde. Cookie is in both pictures, and in the last picture is Vera's husband Bob. I love having them stay with us the weekend before the race, and then I love going to the track to visit with them at the campsite during the week and weekend of the race! Is it April yet??

1 comment:

Fadil Wimala said...

another beautiful shots!