Saturday, December 13, 2008

He’s a breast man…

Seriously, ever since my post last night, I have been thinking about Romeo! I would really love to know how he is. I met him such a long time ago; I guess it was at least 10 years now, while staying where I always did before Hurricane Ivan, Five Flags Inn. I had gone downstairs for my morning coffee. It was a ritual for all the regulars to gather in the office with the hotel owner, staff, other guests and usually at least one or two local home owners each morning for the best coffee and conversation on the Island. If there was ever a place “just like home”, it was Five Flags!!

Anyway, I was having my coffee as usual when Romeo and his owner walked in. They lived right down the street and decided to visit. He is just beautiful! We walked outside and he sat on my arm and shoulder and even gave me kisses. At one point while on my shoulder he kept trying to put his head down my chest and his owner could tell it was making me a little nervous. He told me “it’s okay; he’s a breast man and that just means he likes you”. I could have died of embarrassment but it was soooo funny!! Sure enough, he was trying to rub his head in certain places.

The picture I posted last night, and that I use as my profile has been used so many times for so many different things. I’m very proud of it. Not because I took it, but because it is Romeo and he is so beautiful. It was the background for the FFI website until Ivan destroyed the hotel. It is now used for a website to show support in rebuilding it – linked above, along with several of my pictures (I have tons of pix on my work computer that are not on this laptop - someday I’m going to copy all of them).

But here are the other pictures of Romeo that I have… isn’t he gorgeous!! Now he is a breast man I can tolerate. I am very privileged to have met him, held him, kissed him, and yes, even had him be inappropriate with me :)
Sweet kisses...
Isn't he beautiful...
See, a breast man...
I got lots of kisses, I guess he really did like me...

2 comments:

Barrier Island Girl said...

I got such a kick out of your post on Romeo that I forwarded on to one of Mike's friends (who in turn forwarded it to him). I heard he -- and Romeo -- loved it.

Oh, and Romeo sends you love and kisses!

DJ

Nana said...

I am so glad to know Romeo is doing well! Obviously he left a lasting impression on me :)