Monday, December 15, 2008

Since everyone else has…

I thought I might as well show a few of my Christmas decorations too :) But seriously, I really wish I knew how some people can put more than 5 pictures in one post. That is really starting to frustrate me that I can’t figure it out, lol. Until I do, this year’s decorations are in the album below. Please click it when you finish reading to see some of the major things I’ve done – so far :)

Anyway… I’m actually still working on some decorating, but not much. I haven’t done a lot of decorating in the past few years until recently – grandchildren make a huge difference in how you feel about the Holidays!! Each year I seem to do a little more and this year has been no exception. I’m actually making homemade stocking’s this year, so the only ones I have up so far are my dogs. (Well at least we know Santa will come see them). I have them cut out and Kristin is going to help me sew them since I don’t have a sewing machine. I’ll share more about them when they are done!

I absolutely love poinsettias but haven’t got any yet. I won’t do that until probably just a few days or maybe a week before Christmas because of my dogs. I understand they are very poisonous to them and I don’t want to have to remove them (the plants, not the dogs) to a closed up room each morning any more days than I have to before I take off from work! This is one of my favorite looks of my fireplace; it has never looked the same any two years. This was in 2006 and it took me forever to get those lights to stay on the top inside of the fireplace. I had myself up in there in some awkward positions for hours and swore I’d never attempt it again, lol.

This was a little tree I put up, also in ’06. It was mostly sports themed in case you can’t tell – and I added a couple of Josh and Bull’s ornaments they made in elementary school to the edge of it. It also had some John Deere tractor ornaments on it, LOVE them!! And I added Ella’s “Baby’s First Christmas” stocking to it. As simple, and/or silly, as it was, it became one of my all-time favorite decorations :) I know I took pictures of decorations last year but I can’t find them on this laptop, which is making me crazy – just thought I’d share that.

So that was then and this is now… click to see some of what I’ve done this year:


Decked Out


2 comments:

Ashley W said...

As always.. love the decor!! I am going to tell you how to upload more than 5 pictures..Upload your first 5 and hit the upload button. After they are in your post then go back and upload more. You can only do 5 at a time but after you get your first five in your post you can go back and do five more! Hope this helps!

Nana said...

Thanks Ashley! Now I feel silly; I figured it was something simple but I never even tried that :)