Sunday, December 21, 2008

Needling…

It could only happen to me!! So, today I was cleaning the mirror in my bathroom – simple job, right? Although I am quite possibly the clumsiest woman in this entire County, if not Alabama, what could possibly happen while doing such a menial task?? Well let me just tell you… I will find a way for something to happen! And not just anything. Of course with me, it is going to be something weird and crazy!

OK, so you know how you’ll stick a needle somewhere handy, maybe because it is convenient at the time or maybe because you need to always know where a needle is. Well, I have a 3 tier candle holder between the two sinks in my bathroom, and I keep a needle stuck in the top of the center candle (which is of course the tallest one), for both of the reasons I mentioned above.

As I was cleaning I knocked the candle off. Fine – I set it aside, finished cleaning the mirror, put the candle back. I was even about to move on to my next task when I wondered why my wrist felt funny and that’s when I discovered it.

My convenient needle was stuck in my wrist, just under my hand. And it wasn’t just stuck in there – half the freakin’ needle was in there… from the eye end!! The sharp end was sticking out; ouch. Bull had to take the tweezers and pull it out, thankfully I didn't even feel it!!

Good news is there was no blood at all, at any time. However, it started swelling below where the needle was even before we got it out. And it hurts almost as if it has been sprained. But I can live with it :) Especially when I think about how I almost didn’t even see it and it could have ended up all the way in my wrist/arm!

I’m telling you people… only I could get “needled” cleaning a mirror :)


2 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

OMGoodness and OUCHY!! I have done that - put a needle somewhere but never had it stuck like that. I hope it heals soon.

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful Christmas!!

Sue said...

Oh my, Tammy! That hurts me!! I can't believe you didn't feel it when it happened. I hope you and your family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!