Friday, December 12, 2008

It sparkles like diamonds…

On the drive home tonight I couldn’t help but become nostalgic as I saw the beautiful full moon. It made me think of two of my favorite things – my mom and Pensacola Beach! My oldest sister and I had the honor of taking our mother and her best friend to my favorite place in the world, P’cola Beach, several years ago. It was when she was still fairly healthy and able to enjoy it and I’m so grateful that we did that. It is one of the many special memories with her that I will cherish forever!!

While we were there we were blessed to have a full moon ~if you’ve never been fortunate enough to be at the beach during a full moon, you have truly missed out on a blessing. It was in the summer so the moon was rising while still daylight. When it was just at that perfect place above the ocean my mom turned to me and with such sincerity and wonder in her voice that I will never forget, she said “Tammy look, it sparkles like diamonds on the water”. To this day I don’t see a full moon without thinking of those words spoken by my sweet mother!!

I have a beautiful picture of those ‘sparkling diamonds’ on the water; but that was before digital so it is just a print. The picture below however, is of a full moon taken at Pensacola Beach… no; not that trip – but certainly while remembering it :)


It is also ironic that I found the absolute perfect blog for me this morning, Barrier Island Girl. I am so excited to find and follow the blog of this very sweet lady living my dream :) I hope to join you as a resident in paradise soon D.J., but until then I will certainly continue to be there as often as possible for my visits :) I am always there in spirit!! In my humble opinion, it is the most beautiful place ever… these are just a few of my favorite shots that I have on my laptop (again, some of my best shots were before I could put them on my computer).


This is the full size shot of my profile pix. This beautiful birds name is Romeo. I met him a few years ago and we became fast friends :)

I love this shot, you can barely see it - but there is a beautiful rainbow over the water.

This is a shot of the beautiful sunset from the deck of a favorite local hangout overlooking the marina. It is a great place to be at sunset :)

I took this last year on the day of the Blue Angels Air Show. I was beach side and took this as the boats continued filling up Little Sabine Bay and Quietwater Beach. You could barely see the water!!

2 comments:

Cassie Fields said...

What a sweet post, I am in tears. Memories like that can never be replaced. I lost my grandmother, who was my best friend, about 6 years ago and stories like yours help me remeber the small things that meant so much more!

Seadog said...

Hey, nice blog !!
this is Seadog I run the http://savefiveflagsinn.com site
don't I know you thru emails ?