Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Wed, Tues, Mon, Sun, Sat…

Yes – I am going backwards :) I am finally going to post the pictures from Isabella’s birthday party tonight when I get home… not because I haven’t wanted to sooner, or even because I haven’t had them; but just because I simply have not had the time or energy (as strange as that may sound) to sit at this lap top and do it!! I don’t have time to get them in an album and on here this morning before work so look for them tonight. In the meantime, I figured since her party was Saturday and it is already Wednesday, I’d backtrack to the event first.

This morning my husband left for his idea of “the trip of a lifetime” ~~~ I seriously wish you could see me rolling my eyes right now!! But I am excited for him. He has always wanted to go up north on a management hunt and will spend the next few days in Illinois trying to get the ‘Ultimate Buck’. I really do hope he does :) It has already, and is supposed to continue to be severe winter weather where he is going so please pray for their safety!

Yesterday I worked pretty hard and got a lot accomplished. It was one of those days that I finally felt like I could get some things crossed off my to-do list. And… I found out the Blue Angels added Tuscaloosa to their show sites for the 2009 schedule!! How exciting – we are immediately trying to get an event with them for the hospital and you know I am ALL OVER that!!

Monday was the opposite of yesterday – it felt like I couldn’t get anything completed even though I ended up working loooong hours!! And it was topped off by having 2 lanes of traffic blocked on 280 due to an accident around Office Park, so all the way from downtown was at a literal crawl. Ughhh, if there was ever a typical Monday… that was it!

Sunday was a wonderful day! Because I got to wake up to Ella’s beautiful face nothing could have put a damper on it :) She spent the night with me Saturday night and Kristin had told me she’d be there early to get her. I was sitting in the living room thinking I’m going to have to wake her in a few minutes when I heard the sweetest voice saying “grandpa, wake up”. In my bedroom there is a picture of Jesus and it has a lamb as an image in the background. When I went in there to get her she said “who’s that guy” and pointed to Jesus in the picture. I told her and then she pointed to the lamb and said “who’s that guy”? I said “it’s the lamb”, and she immediately started singing Mary Had A Little Lamb… adorable!! Like I said, when your day starts like that what could possibly go wrong :)

And of course that brings us to Saturday. Isabella’s birthday and birthday party! As I said in the beginning, check back tonight for a ton of some of the cutest pictures EVER!! She was such a beautiful little birthday girl, and had some beautiful (and handsome) guests, so I’m excited to show them off!!




No comments: