Monday, December 1, 2008

Giving Thanks…

I know everyone is past Thanksgiving and moving on to Christmas now, but I do my Thanksgiving dinner with my kids on the Sunday after, so this is my post-Thanksgiving ‘post’ :) Just to let you know, there will be one more either tonight or tomorrow when I get the CD of my pictures developed (remember, I don’t have a digi – but I did put in a request).

I was going to wait until I had my pix to post anything, but I just couldn’t. You can see some great shots on Kristin’s page at the family fields though!! (I totally wish I knew how to make my posts link to others pages; and I totally meant to get you to show me that while you were here Kristin). Anyway… back to Thanksgiving. What a blessed day!! I had all my children and grandchildren here and I felt like my heart could have exploded it was so full.

I don’t cook very often, at least not big meals – so when I do it brings so much joy to have everyone tell me certain dishes are good. The ultimate compliment is hearing “it is almost as good as mamaw’s” – if it ever went from ‘almost’ to ‘is as’, then I wouldn’t believe them anymore. You know, when my parents were alive I spent a ton of time with them. On holidays I was often the first one to arrive and the last one to leave. And although I’d help my mom, the one thing I never really did (on purpose) was watch and learn… I regret that. But I guess all that time spent with her taught me more than I realized because I did hear that “ultimate compliment” a few times yesterday :)

I am going to have so much more to say about my beautiful family when I get my pix; but I do want to say this to anyone that reads it… If you still have your parents, please don’t let the holidays go by without spending as much time with them as possible!! If you are a woman reading this, and your mom is still alive – spend a little extra time just with her. Watch her, learn from her, absorb all you can from her and someday pass it on to your children and grandchildren. God Bless!


2 comments:

Ashley W said...

I am so glad ya'll had a wonderful Thanksgiving and you were able to have everyone there! I know that meant so much to you! I can't wait to see more pictures. I already looked at the pictures on Kristin's blog and the girls were just too cute yesterday! I know they enjoyed spending time with each other! Talk to you soon!

Oh..will you email me your address? I am sending out Christmas cards and I don't think I have your correct address. If you got Ava Reese's birth announcement then I have the correct one!
ashawie20@aol.com

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

HI Nana, Your sweet GD's are just precious!! Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet words. I don't mind if you share at all!!
hugs, Linda