Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Massive old oak trees + Southern weather...

It wreaks havoc on me!! Every time the weather changes, if it turns cold, if it rains a lot, if it gets really dry, etc. etc. etc., those little black ants that live in old oak trees get in my house. Ughhh, it drives me crazy. And they don’t come in the normal places you expect to find ants – like where food is. For example, right now they are trying to get in because it’s wet outside, but where do I find them… in my shower of course!!

We’ve done everything to avoid it – even the exterminator told us as long as the massive oaks were beside our house, we would have to deal with it and there is nothing even he can do about it. I love the old oak trees, they are so beautiful in the summer and I love that the squirrels are always around them… but the ants are not the only source of pain these trees bring me. The acorns kill if you step on them barefoot and this time of year the leaves are everywhere!!

Oh well, I guess the beauty of them wins out once again… besides – I’d never talk G’pa into cutting them down anyway. Okay, I’m off to kill ants before work!!


No comments: