Sunday, November 16, 2008

Today’s the day…

Of the last race of the season. The end of the 2008 Sprint Cup Series. It is a sad day for me :( I freakin’ love NASCAR, falling second only to Alabama football in the world of sports. And it is no secret that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is my man!! I want to adopt him, seriously – he reminds me of my kids so much. If you’ve never watched or read any of the stories about him you should, he’s a great young man.

But even though Dale ran in the top 3 most of the year and easily made the chase (thanks to his move to Hendrick Motorsports in ‘08 – which will include the great Mark Martin in ’09, YAY), he was quickly out of the running for the Championship. Really most of the chase contenders were out quickly except for two… Carl Edwards and Jimmie Johnson.






Now, if you don’t follow racing let me inform you that Jimmie Johnson is in a great position going into this last race today to make history. If he finishes at least 36th or better, he clinches his 3rd straight Championship, tying Cale Yarborough’s record as the only other driver to ever be a three-peat NASCAR Champion!! Amazing Feat!!

But watch out JJ – your teammate, Dale Jr., is coming after that trophy next year :) And I’m ready for February 7th … bring on the “Shootout” at Daytona and let’s get the ’09 season started!! I’m especially ready for the weekend of April 26th … ‘Dega :) Nothing like the roar of those engines going full throttle as they pass the Tri Oval Tower at about 185 mph; especially with Jr. leading the way :)



No comments: