Sunday, November 9, 2008

The favorite aunt…

It is the greatest thing ever!! I have always loved being the favorite aunt, and I love my nieces. I was only 15 when my first niece, Jamie, was born – so we developed a very close, very special relationship from her birth. Of course I was her babysitter and as she grew we became best friends. Her younger sister, Chris, is the same age as Bull, literally only 3 months younger. Almost the same with my middle sister’s daughter, Amy, who is 10 months younger than Bull. So while I still have a very special relationship with them, of course it was different since I had children of my own when they were born.

Jamie & Chris grew up living right next door to us though, so they became more like daughters than nieces. But without the responsibility :) (God knew what He was doing when He made me the mother of boys). Too much fun for Aunt Tammy!! And I admit it – for Jamie and Chris too at times probably, lol. Both of them are now married and are mommies. They each have a daughter – Jamie’s sweet girl is Braelyn and she just turned 3. Chris’ sweet girl is Chloe and she turned 2 in May. I wish I had recent pictures of both of them to post, but promise to take some and get them posted soon!! And Amy, who is also married now, recently found out she is expecting her first child and is due in June.

It is so amazing to watch our little family grow bigger – I wish so much that my mom and dad could have lived long enough to meet my grandchildren and my great-nieces (and possibly great-nephew… we have a while yet to know about the latest addition). Their great-grandchildren. I also wish it was a different time in my life right now so I could spend more time with them. But I have no doubt that before it’s over, I will take my rightful place with them as I did with their mothers as “the favorite aunt” :)
OK, so I'll share it with my sister!!

No comments: