Friday, November 14, 2008

Indulge me, please…

This week I’ve been trying to get things done at work since I’ll be working out of town Monday – Wednesday of next week at a radiothon. I’ll be driving back in from out of town early Thursday morning to the office for a day full of meetings, not to mention the pile of work that is inevitable after three days out.

And FYI – just to name a few, the radiothon for me consists of sitting in a folding chair at a folding table, working on my laptop doing data entry. Constantly getting up and down to help with volunteers, radio talent and running errands. All of this takes place in the middle of a mall. Each day begins at about 5:30 am since we go on the air at 6 am; we go off the air at 6 pm so the day doesn’t end until around 6:30 pm. The last day we have to break everything down so it’s more like 7 or 7:30 pm before we get out of there.

For the past three days, with everyone at the office knowing I’m out most of next week (and having known this for weeks); they begin to panic with each passing day. So… the following – as crass as it may be, and if it offends I apologize – is pretty much how I feel right now :) My guess is you’ve all been there and felt the same way at one point yourselves :)



No comments: