Saturday, November 29, 2008

Iron Bowl…

It is finally here!! Iron Bowl Saturday. It is a day that most everyone in the state of Alabama looks forward to for 364 days. Whichever team wins starts immediately thinking of a repeat next year. The losing team starts thinking of revenge. And then of course there is that thing called “bragging rights”…

This year is a HUGE game! Auburn has won the last 6 in a row – and they are so proud, I used to roll my eyes at that considering our history of ‘runs’ on them; but then I realized they have so little to be proud of… I guess I can let them have that little thing. However, I’m sick of hearing it. Being proud is one thing, running it in the ground is another!!

The Tide has so much at stake in this game- keeping our perfect season in tact, our #1 ranking, and the continuing shot at a National Championship. And of course, ‘Rammer-Jammering’ those 6 fingers :) I’d probably feel a lot better about the game if so many Bama fans I know were not so cocky about it… that makes me nervous! But one thing is for certain, no matter who you pull for – the Iron Bowl always proves to be a GREAT game.

ROLL TIDE ROLL



No comments: