Saturday, November 22, 2008

Deep thoughts...

I love reading interesting thoughts and sayings, ponderisms, etc. I think this is one of my all-time favorites:

First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.
--Epictetus

We could all learn a lot from that one sentence. But I have to ask... who the heck is Epictetus???

Here are a few of my favorite ponderisms (I have pages of these things, maybe I'll post a blog later of several favorites):

~How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

~Why is it that people say they 'slept like a baby' when babies wake up like every two hours?

~Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?


No comments: