Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A priceless day…

I had been looking forward to keeping Ella on Veteran’s Day for weeks – it is such a rare occasion for me to get to stay home and have her for the day, I love it!! I had been thinking of things we might do, I had considered making fun shaped pancakes for breakfast or possibly homemade biscuits. Maybe painting some pictures as a surprise for mommy, etc.

Ever notice how God does not like for us to make our own plans?? He has a plan for us, and we’d be so much better off if we’d just give it up already!!

Ella wasn’t feeling well, so instead of doing the fun things I thought we’d be doing, we were doing sweet things that are so very special to a Nana :) Don’t get me wrong, I rather see her running and playing any day than throwing up – that just rips your heart right out! But at the same time, to be the one there for her, taking care of her… was so special and meant so much to me.

It was a day that Ella and I got to just sit and talk, to kind of “bond” I guess. We snuggled together on the couch, I got a lesson on the latest cartoons, we both put on our Alabama clothes so we would be “2 Alabamas”, we discussed Ella being a big girl now, we discussed Nana needing a hair cut, we discussed Grandpa’s name… long story! Well, I'd be typing all morning if I tried to say what all we discussed - a 2 year old's mind does not shut down, even when they aren't feeling well, lol. Anyway, it was a perfect day!

God knows what we need, and I needed my sweet Ella yesterday more than she needed me – thanks Ella, I love you!! I hope you feel better today!!


No comments: