Sunday, November 16, 2008

This is a story…

About a little ice chest. A small, red & white, durable cooler that I purchased for myself. I even wrote my name inside the top of it. I’ve had it for about 3 years and I love it.

But every single time I get ready to use it, I can’t find it. And every single time it’s the same thing… I fuss, I threaten, basically; I pitch a royal fit about my cooler not being where it is supposed to be. And yet – next time I need it; it is once again M.issingI.nA.ction.

Inevitability it will either be in Cookie or Bull’s truck, or in the boat, or somewhere in the yard… you get the picture. I have to get it, scrub it clean and once again I have my precious little red cooler back in its rightful place with its rightful owner. All clean and pretty – did I mention this thing is durable!!

Today however, I was all ready to leave to go out of town and of course my cooler was no where to be found. And no one was home to tell me where it might be. GRRRR!!! Their saving grace is I have a frig in my room and don’t actually need it – this time.

Now you may be asking yourself ‘why don’t I just buy another one’. I’m sure you’re probably even thinking ‘it’s just a cooler and they aren’t very expensive, etc’. But in 31 years I’ve purchased at least 2 dozen of my own and I made a vow to myself with this one that I would protect it against all evil, ahem, I mean men, lol!!! This time… it’s personal :)

*Side Note: This last race is going down to the wire for the Championship… it is SO EXCITING!! And I’m sitting in a hotel room starving, but can’t leave to go get something to eat because there are only 80 laps to go and I wouldn’t miss a minute of this thing :) Oh… they are going full throttle!!!! HeeHee!! Gotta love it! I hope there isn’t anyone in either of the rooms beside me since I just blasted the sound on the TV :)


No comments: