Sunday, November 9, 2008

A little bit crazy…

Maybe – but I’ll let you decide. If you pick any random day to drop by my house chances are you’ll find it messy and possibly downright dirty. But one thing you probably won’t find, my “knick-knacks” out of place. No matter how bad the house gets, if the picture on the end table is moved half an inch or the candle holder on the TV stand has been moved a hair… I will notice, I will question, I will fix!!

I also want my clothes to be a certain way when they are folded and/or hung in the closet. For example, in my closet – all my pants are hanging together in a section, all of my skirts are in one section, all my dresses (starting with summer and proceeding to winter), and so forth. It isn’t a hard protocol to see or to follow.

So anyway, I taught my boys to help out around the house. They had chores to do when they were growing up and there was none of this male chauvinistic crap around here. Hey, I am the only female in this house and I work full time – get over it – guys can wash a dish and fold a towel as well as girls can :) Now that Bull is back at home, and especially since he’s been working out of town, he’ll wash his own clothes and tries to fold them before I get to them. Seriously, thanks! But… I can’t take it!!

Paint the picture: he has a stack of his clothes folded (very neatly I might add) in the laundry room in a basket while another load is drying. This is where I come in. I start to fold the last load and add to the stack, but I can’t. Not until I ‘separate’ it. Yes, I realize it sounds like I'm talking about pre-wash, but no; and don't even get me started on that (it is a blog on it's on)!! I have to put the jeans together, then the colored shirts, the t-shirts, and so forth. I stack it back up – correctly!! Then of course I take it to his room, put it neatly on his bed, close the door behind me and take a deep breath as I whisper to myself "let it go". Now I know there is no appreciation in me doing that, I’m sure it is not even noticed. You know what – I answered my own question. Definitely a lot crazy :)


PS - Does anyone know how I all of a sudden received visitors from all over the world sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning? Literally, Philippines, Chile, 2 different locations in Italy, France, not to mention all over the U.S. – Strange but interesting and cool I guess. I’m just very curious!!



No comments: