Saturday, January 17, 2009

Makes me sad…

I keep thinking about the president’s farewell speech the other night. There are so many things that make me sad when I think about the time we are in right now. Don’t misunderstand, I am proud of America (I am ALWAYS proud of America AND to be an American) – I am proud of how far this country has come in the battle against civil rights and racism. It doesn’t matter what your political preference, there is no denying the historic moment we are living in!

But that is all the good you will hear me say about what we are currently going through. It is no secret I am a republican (once again I’ll interject the word Proud here); I’ve certainly never been known as one to keep my mouth shut about my “thoughts” on things. However, I honestly think if I didn’t even have a preference I’d still feel this way… the problem now is these feelings run so deep I don’t even know how to begin expressing them. Me – not being able to speak my mind! Yes I realize, unheard of – right? But true.

It hurts my heart that the man I respect so much is looked upon by so many with such… I’ll use the word ‘distain’. This great man that has led our country for 8 years deserves so much better! He is a man of great principles, great values, great morals; a man that refused to compromise any of them for the sake of his reputation and more importantly for the sake of this country and the safety of us – the American people. Sadly this is also the main reason he is criticized so much. Oh, you can paint it with headlines of economy, etc. – all the ‘fancy’ political headlines you want to; but it only fools the ones that want to be fooled. His love for God, country and family is amazing and is one of the main reasons I respect him so much. He said the other night it has been his greatest honor of all to serve as our Commander in Chief. I’d like to say “Thank You Mr. President, for a job well done. I salute you Sir”!!

I’ll pray for the one going into this office, because first of all it is what God says we are to do; and secondly I am just at a loss of what else to do about this man that is being sworn in as the 44th President of the United States of America. I don’t trust him even a little bit – on any level. I don’t like him at all and as much as I’ve tried I can’t find any good principles, values or morals in him. But because in 2 days he will be our President, I do hope I will be proven wrong. But my heart will always remain a little heavy over what I have witnessed (and continue witnessing) in the past few months in this nation I love so very much. I hope eyes are opened sooner rather than later – whether they are mine or others!! And even more than I distrust and dislike Mr. Obama, I distrust and dislike Ted Kennedy. I almost feel sorry for Mr. Obama as a matter of fact because of what Mr. Kennedy has, and will (at least attempt) to do to him.

God Bless America!!! And God especially Bless those, and the families of those, that are on the front lines keeping her safe!!! I keep this on the sidebar of my page, but it is worth repeating… If you are not willing to support America and stand BEHIND our troops, feel free to stand in FRONT of them!


1 comment:

Angela said...

that's quite alright. my father was in the navy for 25 years and i grew up in pensacola, so, i'm not offended. as a matter of fact, i'm working on convincing my husband he needs to switch to the navy :)

so, heck yeah, go navy!