Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A little bit of everything…

Have you ever been too tired to sleep? I’m sure you have, or if you’re from the South you’ve at least said you were at one time or another. Well… I am there – literally!! Last night was a rough night of mostly tossing and turning. Finally I said forget it and just got up – and now here I am at 5 am blogging (and watching CMT – can I just say I am totally STILL in love with Toby Keith and Alan Jackson! They both just get better with age).

Anyhoo… whoa, has it been a long few days for me!! But I did it! AGAIN. Closed another year out. Children’s Hospital Foundation books for 2008 are in order, balanced, and lookin’ good – now bring on the auditors, I’m ready for them. Well, not really; now I have a huge stack of stuff to file from the past couple weeks, etc. Crap – I WAS feeling better about work, lol. Oh well, job security :-)

So a few things to catch up on!

Happy Belated Birthday to Beth; I’m so sorry I’m late sweetie! Isn’t she beautiful everyone!! That is an older picture, but one of my favorites. Can you believe that is Ella as a tiny baby she is holding? Time sure flies!! And what a precious birthday story; I would tell you that on your page but I can’t leave you a comment :-)


The ONLY time I did not spend working this past weekend (and I am speaking literally), was Saturday morning/early afternoon. Instead, I got up early, went grocery shopping, came home and cooked Josh’s requests for lunch. I made a vow while we were eating and I’m making it again… NEVER again will I cook a meal for my children without making mac & cheese!! I’m so sorry Ella!! Then I spent the afternoon playing until they had to go home. Ella was in a ‘No Camera’ mood – so this is the only picture I was able to sneak in :-)

I’m gonna get a little sentimental here for a minute (indulge me)… When my kids were little, or even after they grew up really, and we’d go to my mom’s and eat; it would make me crazy that she never wanted us to clean up the kitchen. It was ALWAYS “leave it, I’ll get it later” or “I’ll get it tomorrow”. After she got older we refused to leave it, but when she was younger she’d make us. I never understood and I’d argue with her, but that was like arguing with the wind so what was the point! But I so totally get it now!! I can see the smirk on her face as she’s saying “told you so”!! If you are a parent with grown children that has started their own lives, you will also get it… there is such an empty feeling when they leave, isn’t there? It doesn’t matter if you see them every day or once a year. It doesn’t matter how long they stay, it doesn’t matter how long it’s been since they moved out, etc. None of that matters; all you know is when they are there your house feels full, and when they leave there is an empty quiet that always hurts your heart a little. And you know its coming… you know they have to go home, so dishes can wait – you can ‘get them later, or tomorrow’. While they are here, it is PLAY TIME while the grandbabies are still young enough to play. When they get too old to play, then it will be visiting/gossiping time (what can I say, right now I only have grand-daughters) :-)

Okay, so enough of that… did everyone see the 2 night (4 hour) premiere of 24?? Goodness gracious, it was AWESOME!! I was working during the first night on Sunday, but I made sure I put the computer down Monday night – I didn’t want to miss a detail… I have to again say AWESOME!!!! I love, love, love that show – or could you tell??

And what about the premiere of Idol last night? Maybe it is just me; maybe it is the new girl; or maybe it is just because it was the first night of auditions, but it was sort of boring to me. GASP… I know! What can I say – is it possible Idol has run its course?? I did really like the very last guy though – he is almost completely blind and seemed to have a really good voice. But how much can you ever tell in those 3 second auditions, right?? Yes, I’ll keep watching, I can’t help myself; maybe it will get better :-)

Now, I’m going to finish this by saying I am so glad (and very thankful) that I married a country boy. And I’m very proud that I raised 2 country boys. And I really appreciate Alan Jackson reminding me of how great a small thing like that is!! The only video I can find on YouTube is protected (it's still new); but here's the link! Enjoy…


1 comment:

Beth Scott said...

Thank you for your Birthday wishes! I don't even remember this picture. I barely even knew Josh & Kristin when Ella was born! that feels like it was ages ago!