Saturday, January 3, 2009

Blue Angels…

If you know me at all, you know that I am pretty much obsessed with the United States Navy Blue Angels!! I LOVE them!
They are beyond awesome; they are the...

Best of the Best :)

My ultimate dream is to some day fly with them!!

One of the things I also love is to photograph them – I have thousand’s (literally) of shots of their Pensacola Beach shows from over the years. They are actually the reason I originally got my Nikon N55 w/extra large lens as a gift. And… I just found several rolls of film from the 2008 show that I never even had developed. That find is what prompted this post.

Below are some of my favorite shots {that I have loaded on this laptop} from previous years. I can’t help but wonder if my N55 took these amazing photos – what unbelievable treats are in store this year with my new D80!!
*please note the color in some of the shots is not poor quality of the photo - the air right around the show fills with the white smoke from the planes :) I'm sure there is probably a way to correct that with my new camera and if so I plan to find out before July!!

Fat Albert always starts the show!!

Perfect formation... look how close they are to each other!!
I love this... they go wayyyyy up high...

Then, in perfect unison - they break apart...

And then - they free fall down in different directions~AWESOME!!

This is one of our favorites... Hovering! It's like they are in slow motion - too cool! The one pointed up is literally on his way up~straight up!

I also love when the 4 come by with their wheels down - it is an amazing sight!!

Another favorite is when they make those hard breaks at record speed - gives you chills :)

I could watch them fly for hours and hours, if you've never seen a show you've missed a treat!!

God Bless the USA, the US Navy, and the US Navy Blue Angels!!