Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So, I’ve been thinking…

Yeah, I’ve said it before – scary, I know :) Anyway, I’ve spent A LOT of time on the road in the past few weeks traveling for work. As a matter of fact I’m in a comfy “Heavenly Bed” at the Hampton Inn-Mobile writing this.

It started February 10th – I spent several nights in Dothan for our local radiothon; two weeks later I was in Montgomery a few nights for our local radothon there. Last week I drove to Huntsville, spent the day training and drove from there to Florence where I spent one night, trained the next day and drove home that night.

This week started by driving to Montgomery Monday morning and training, spent last night there and trained there again today. Afterward I drove here to Mobile where I’ll train someone tomorrow and will then drive to Dothan. I’ll train there on Thursday, spend another night there and then drive to the office in Birmingham on Friday (whenever the hell I wake up) before going home.

So… like I said, I’ve been thinking. I used to want a job that required travel. I really wanted to travel ALL the time because I love visiting new places, meeting new people (or seeing friends), etc.

I still enjoy those things, and maybe it’s because I’m older – but I’ve decided checking in and out of hotels, spending hours on the road, missing my husband, my family, my dogs, my home, living out of a suit case, the list goes on and on – are NOT fun things!

I still want to travel “occasionally” for business, I wouldn’t miss the radiothon’s for anything – but never again will I desire a job that requires it regularly!! Did I mention I’m VERY tired???


1 comment:

codie lee said...

Honey Child!!! I know you have got to give slap out! Traveling is rough but thats a whole lot of travel time right there! Wow.. i went to Huntsville and then Leakesville, Mississippi this past weekend for rodeos and I am STILL tired.. WOW I know you are!

Well be careful and DRIVE SAFE! I will keep you in my prayers.. thats a lot of travel. I am overwhelmed and I am sitting still.

love you! :)