Sunday, March 22, 2009

Catch-up…

It seems like that is all I’m doing lately, playing catch-up. Whether it is at work, at home or at play – I feel like I am behind in every aspect of my life and the more I try to get caught up the further behind I get.

At any rate – as I’m writing this I realize it should probably be low on the priority list when you consider my house is a wreck, laundry is piled up and don’t even get me started on work stuff. But oh well, I want to blog! I want to sit here, drink my coffee, write my stories and share my pictures… so that is what I am going to do. It’s not like the dirty house or the work is going anywhere, right?? Apparently it has all decided to wait on me anyway :)

I have started an exciting story that I’ll be posting sometime today, but I realized I couldn’t really get ‘caught-up’ in that story. It deserves to be dedicated to just itself; so here are a couple things I’ve been meaning to share…

First of all, have you ever had one of those times where you experienced about a dozen reactions in less than 5 seconds flat? Well I did the other day when I read one of Kristin’s blogs! She apologized to anyone that reads her blog from Google Reader because she had edited her post a few times. Let me start by saying I have seriously never even opened this thing in Google, I have no idea what that is like. So I read that and my face, and thoughts, went from total confusion to total realization – with all the reactions in between – in that short time period. I am so picky about how a post looks that I will edit it 20 times if that’s what it takes to make it “look” the way I want it… I had no idea people who view this in Google Reader was getting every single one of those versions!! I am soooo very sorry! Even as stupid as I felt when the full realization started sinking in, I laughed so hard at myself! But I’m gonna go ahead and tell you, if my post doesn’t look right – I’ll do it again, I just can’t help myself!!

Now on to the fun stuff - here are some really adorable pictures of a very fun day with Ella:

Much to her mother’s dismay, she loves the chickens













Much to Grandpa’s dismay, she is a little too fearless













Ella loves when G’pa lets her pet the chicken













She is Grandpa’s official ‘helper’













She takes her job very serious and *needs no help












*I added that because she caught Grandpa helping her close the gate and gave him quite the lecture about how she can do it herself!! If you are around Ella any at all, you know when she starts shaking her hand at you she means business - G'pa got the hand good that day; Nana loved every minute of it :)

What is more fun for a 2 yr old than Silly Putty from an egg? Or a Nana and G'pa who gets to let her play with it for the very first time :)













Making french fries and hamburgers out of silly putty













No, she didn’t eat it – she was pretending :)













No comments: