Thursday, October 30, 2008

One of those days…

Ever had one? I’m sure you have, we all have. Well, I’ve kind of had one for about 4 days in a row now! For instance, it’s already a busy time at work… end of month always is (I’m on a deadline to close-out each month). Then one of my staff had a medical emergency this past weekend and has been out all week, and possibly next week. We just had a huge event with tons, and I do mean TONS, of gifts to process that we are still finishing up while working on another huge event that is this weekend. Tons more gifts already, and to come. Plus the saying is so true, when it rains it pours… everybody and their brother has picked this week to hand me stacks – literally – of checks from one person, or a fundraiser, etc.

So I don’t know if the stress of it all has just caught up with me, if I’m just really very tired, or what… but today I just got the “blahs”! You know, where you just can’t seem to get motivated to do anything and even when you do it still doesn’t feel like you’ve gotten much accomplished.

Anyway – I am extremely thankful for tomorrow… for it is Friday :) The day I get to wear blue jeans, no high heels, an Alabama sweatshirt ~ ~ ~ ahhh ~ ~ ~ TGIF. And I get to work extremely hard all day to meet my deadline, but I feel like the little train – I think I can, I think I can. As Sir Winston Churchill once said…


A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

I think I will choose to be an optimist :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

im VERY disappointed that i'm not considered "one of your sons!" I have feelings and you are ripping them apart! i know that i havent been around lately but to just totally cut ties and not even mention me in the same breath as "TIK" really hurts down deep. who was the one that always would volunteer to go to the BP to pick up the honey buns and dr. pepper (pepsi for bull-bull) on saturday mornings? True i was only 14 at the time and you were the only one who would let me drive but still. I guess it's true what they say about "what have you done for me lately" but dang. I miss you mom........please let me come home!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

p.s.


bull dips Skoal........dont tell him i told you!