Saturday, October 25, 2008

My First Time...


What a monumental moment – my first post :) Well, to me anyway! When I first started reading Kristin’s posts on here, which in turn took me to other’s pages (some I know and some I don’t), I began to get this sinking feeling that I was going to quickly like this too much!! G’pa Cookie will be so disappointed to find I have yet another reason to be on the computer, well, after hunting season when he has time to realize it (I have just fallen victim to my 31st year as a ‘hunting widow’). Oh, don’t feel sorry for me, I love this time of year as much as he does – it has probably played a huge role in the success of our long marriage :)

Which brings me to this… since you can’t put all about yourself in the ‘About Me’ section; I’ll share a little more – just in case you’re interested. I married my high school sweetheart, cliché but true, at a very young age. I had just turned 17 and he had just turned 18… I do not recommend it to young people, trust me; but it worked for us ~ truly by God’s Grace!! At age 18 I had my first child and when I was 20, I had two sons, both under the age of 2. Was it hard at times? Very! Would I change any of it? Of course not! I cannot imagine my life being any different, then or now... Just look at these 3 beauties I got out of it :)

OK – so I don’t want to write books here, so I’ll share more about me, or whatever, later… like how I’m sure I’ll be eating the words “I don’t care to have a digital camera until I can afford one just like my 35mm”. (I have a great camera G’pa bought me with an additional extra large zoom lense – sorry K; I know I am probably not calling it the right thing, lol; which I absolutely love). Now I’m realizing I don’t get to take current, on-the-spot pictures to post with my blogs!! Maybe I’ll invest in a small, inexpensive digital, in the meantime, enjoy a couple that I have on file…


















3 comments:

Ashley W said...

Nana Tammy!!! We are so happy you have a blog! I look forward to reading your post! We love you!

Ashley

Taz + Belly said...

Welcome, welcome. Thank you MUCH for not posting a picture of me in a bikini. I'll be in your debt forever if you can keep up the trend :).

Cassie Fields said...

It was good to see you too! I wish we could see evryone more often but we are always so busy! We do need to come buy and visit sometime, it would be great! Oh and welcome to the blogging commuity!