Friday, February 20, 2009

Reminiscences…

Is anyone else like me? Are there particular songs that every time you hear them, you are taken back to another place, another time? There are actually several songs that remind me of things as far back as my childhood all the way to within the past year or so. If I tried to list them all, I’d probably break a record for longest blog ever.

But always, it is those songs that remind me of my teens/early twenties that seem to get to me the most. Maybe it is because that is when I was falling in love with my now husband of almost 32 years. It is when I was a newlywed to that man, my high school sweetheart. It was when I was starting my life. It was when I was having babies and experiencing the joys of being a new mother. It is a time in my life that is so very precious to me.

The song I heard this morning, which of course prompted this, is a song that always takes me to those early days of young love. When Cookie and I were falling in love and realizing it. When we were the type teenagers I would later in life spend many hours on my knees praying my sons would not be.

There is one particular night that this song brings back so vividly in my mind – it is the night that I declared to myself ‘I will spend the rest of my life with this man’. I was only 16 years old, he was only 17 – we were such kids with such dreams! But I knew; he knew… this was forever! Enjoy :-)




No comments: